Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Day 1

Okay I think I got this Blog thing going.  I am hoping to use this space to keep you all updated with the kids crash course in English.  As you know we have been in Japan for over 3 years and although they are fluent in Japanese reading and writing their English skills have slipped so much.  Verbally I think they are fine but as we are planning to take them back to the UK next summer I have a huge task ahead.

As you know I am training to be a Montessori teacher and I have completed all my course work and next summer will do my apparatus course in London and teacher training to become a qualified Montessori teacher.  I have worked in a Montessori school here in Japan.  I love it.

So as far as my teaching goes I am mainly based within the Montessori Method but if the need arises I will use whatever I need to help the kids develop.

 Cai age 9.-  Definately has the most work to do, but he is a quick learner.  He needs constant encouragement .

Sakura age 7.-  Not as much to do as Cai and is usually up for learning something new if it looks interesting.

Rei age 5. - Rei is homeschooling with me so I will give her a range of activities within the Montessori curriculum, Everyday activities, Numeracy, Literacy, Creativity, Cultural and Sensorial activities.

Izumi 6 months. -Izumi will be working with her Montessori skills the same as Rei.

I want to keep you up to date with their work and will try to put photos to help to exlain what I am doing.

XXXXXX

No comments: