Monday, September 27, 2010

High frequency words - word match


This activity is to help the kids remember high frequency words.  I think i will use this activity style a lot in the future as the kids enjoyed it so much. 

I choose 10 high frequency words and wrote them twice on seperate cards.
The kids then took turns in turning over 2 cards at a time.  Their goal was to find a pair and be able to say the word.  Because the words are new I am saying them and then the kids repeat them.  They remember the words quickly. 
I tell them to look at the whole word if they cannot sound and spell it.
I am playing at the moment as well, so at the end of the game if they know any of the words that I found then they can keep them.


    be
    and                                     
    I                                                                                       
    all
    me
    the
    like
    see
    a
    here
                                                               

                                                                                                                                                                                      

No comments: